Thursday, March 25, 2010

My favorite Full Body Conditioning exercise!


In the summer of 2005 I was preparing to take my Black Belt Test.  I knew it would be the hardest thing I had physically ever done.  Knowing this, I decided to prepare myself as well as I could so that I didn't pass out or throw up during my test.  I had to change the way I trained, I had to make it harder.  So, I picked up a jump rope.  My instructor had me swinging that rope with speed, and it changed me.  My body is the way it is now, because of that rope.  And for that reason, it has become my favorite full body conditioning exercise.  Here are some ways to up your cardio by using this very inexpensive piece of equipment. 

  1. Time yourself for 1 minute.  See how many times you jump in one minute.  Strive for 150 jumps.
  2. Now time yourself for 2 minutes.  Strive for 300 jumps.  Etc.
  3. Mix jump roping with squats and pushups for an awesome full body interval workout.

4 comments:

Tanner M. said...

I got to about 70 in a min before I had to quit or die! I will let you know when I am able to do 150! This is killer.

jessi said...

Great job!! Keep it up. You will be amazed how your cardio will expand, and how lean your body will become. Thanks for the feedback!!

Kristal said...

Man, I haven't jumped rope in forever. After a few kids, jumping jacks and jumping rope were not comfortable at all. Now that it's been a few years and can run again I guess I should try the rope, too :)

jessi said...

LOL! Kristal you crack me up! Give it a try, you may love it!