Monday, April 5, 2010

Don't Try This, You Just Might Like It!

I was introduced to the Running Skirt last year, by my good friend Chrissie.  I had just joined the Mesa Lighting Bolts Running Team and was still wearing my lycra aerobic pants.  I liked my pants, I felt comfortable and safe. Mainly, I felt covered in my pants.  She encouraged me to try the Skirt, stating that my life would never be the same.  So I decided to go out and buy one.  It sat in my closet for a month while I worked up the courage to wear it.  On one particular warm day, I decided to go ahead and brave the Skirt!  It was awesome.  It has the freedom of shorts, with out the underwear line or the "thigh rubbing together and bunching up my shorts" thing, it's flattering and flirty, and it's cute!  There are so many styles and colors.  Most have a biker short underneath and some even have hidden pockets.  I dare you to try one out this season.  Who knows you just might like it.  Check out this Running Skirt Review written by Runners World Magazine.  It has lots of info.
(My friend Chrissie and I before Pat's Run last year.  Thanks Chrissie for changing my life.)

1 comment:

. said...

I felt the same way toward golf skirts. Once I finally did it I became an eternal fan.

very cute.

I like the socks too. Are they for running? Do they not slip down?

I'm going to a golf tournament in Alaska this summer (in honor of a friend who is battling cancer). EVERYONE (even the guys) are supposed to wear all pink. Where do I find pink argyle socks like that which won't slip? Ideas?